Now is a great time for reflection. Going into 2020, do you want to, and can you do what worked well for you this year? What do you want to change? What do you envision for yourself in 2020?
Reflection can be very powerful and can provide you with a measure of self-awareness and understanding of how you came to be where you are. Reflection gives you information such as the whys and hows of the past year that you’ll be able to evaluate. Knowing this can impact the decisions you make. You will also learn more about yourself and what you’re capable of.
While reflection can be on the more serious side, the winter season and the holidays are also a time for fun. Here are some ideas for you and your family and friends.
- Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Start a new tradition, something that has meaning
- Take some home movies to capture your time together
- Go around the table and ask each person to say one thing they are grateful for
- Play some games good for all ages – Twister; or Charades; or Mad Libs; or holiday Family Feud; or maybe coloring or Scrabble
- Be present with your family and friends, no technology
- Live with an open heart